Saturday, September 26, 2009

I'll Take My Recession in Asia, Thank You.

Being a small land developer for nearly 20-years has been a real pleasure. I have been blessed with acquiring some wonderful parcels and working with a wide range of talented folks creating some exceptional properties. I feel particularly lucky that all that I have created - up until now - sold well.
Even in the headier days of 2006-2008, I knew investing and developing in Cambodia was risky business. Retained earnings have never been leveraged. I will ride-out the current economic environment debt-free, stable and for the foreseeable future, not making new profits.
Like everybody, these bad times I need to ride-out. It may take a couple years.
For now, I want to be in Asia more than the United States. Things are more dynamic here.

No comments: