Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Street 275 Project: Defining Our Construction Site.

Rome was not built in a day. The same holds true here. Besides my distinctive architecture, my approach to building and treatment of people is unique. In the third-world, workers are treated like dogs. Not so on my job sites. We have cultivated talented native people that will be able to shower, sleep and be well fed and laundered, all on-site. Fellow developers here think I'm nuts. I don't think so.
So far in my life, paying folks fairly and treating all with respect and dignity has paid me back in spades.




Cargo container. Half office, half storage.







This new structue is for staff cooking, laundry and sleeping. Once the big building is finished, this building will be demolished.



The Street 275 Project is by far the largest and most complex inner-city structure I have ever endeavored to build in my life. We have now completed the building design and interior lay-out. Slated is a 14-story, 40-unit (+/-), high-end, family living experience consisting of large, Western style three and four bedroom environments with generous rooms, bathrooms, ergonomic kitchens and entertainment friendly balconies. The third floor is dedicated to health, fitness, pool, children's area, lounging, reading room and kitchen for parties. My clientele will be diplomats and leaders of private enterprise.











This prospective reveals about one-fifth of Phnom Pehn city of 1.5m Souls.




There has been a lot of construction in the area since Google Earth was last updated. The red-roofed building below my parcel was built by the Prime Ministers 28 year old daughter as her residence.


This is the parcel upon my purchase.


Clearing begins. Survey and geology analysis is performed.


A proper property wall is prepared.






We are walled, gated and secured. Now, we are in the midst of building temporary facilities to feed 50 workers three square meals, launder their clothes. Roughly half will also live on-site.




No comments: